Welcome to ILLiad!
Interlibrary loan (ILL) services are available to John Jay College faculty (and their authorized John Jay research assistants), graduate students, staff and undergraduate students (article requests only) for academic research purposes. Books articles, book chapters, dissertations and media items that John Jay does not own and that cannot be requested through CLICS or through the media department (contact the interim media librarian, Prof. Maria Kiriakova, 212-237-8260, email@example.com) can be ordered via ILL. We will not generally accept requests for textbooks and popular works.
How to logon and submit a request
All users, both new and returning, must first logon. If you are a new user, you will be prompted to complete a registration form after you log in.
Use your John Jay username and password(which is the same username and password you use to access your John Jay email account) to logon.
- For faculty and staff, your username is your first initial and your last name (e.g. Jane Doe's username would be jdoe).
- For graduate students and authorized undergraduate research assistants, your username is your first name, period, last name (e.g. Jane.Doe).
- Your password is "jj" followed by the last four digits of your Social Security Number (e.g. jj1234), unless you have changed it.
To Request Books
- Search for the item you need in CUNY+ using the “All CUNY Libraries” search option.
- If the title is owned by another CUNY library, and if it is a “regular loan” item, request it through CLICS, CUNY Libraries Inter-Campus Services. It can be delivered to the John Jay College library or another CUNY library of your choice.
- If the item cannot be ordered through CLICS, you may place an ILL request for it by logging into your ILL account and completing a book request form.
- Please include the ISBN for faster delivery.
To Request Articles
- From any database, use to determine the availability of the journal article you are looking for. Or, if you are not already within a database, search CUNY+ to determine whether John Jay owns the journal title, volume, and issue you need.
- If the journal or volume is unavailable in any format at John Jay, request the article via ILL by logging into your account and completing an article request form.
- Articles are delivered to your ILL account as a PDF file. You will be notified by email when it becomes available. Please be sure your current email address is listed in your ILL account. The PDF file will be available for 30 days from the date of receipt. Please download the article within 30 days, because copyright restrictions may apply if we re-order the article.
Questions? Please contact Karen Okamoto at 646-557-4777, or Dee Dee Aikens at 212-237-8257, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Lloyd Sealy Library
899 10th Avenue, New York, New York 10019 (map)
Mailing address: 524 West 59th Street, New York, New York 10019
Phone: (212) 237-8246 Fax: (212) 237-8221 email@example.com